Monday, January 28, 2013

Coaching Really DOES Work!

Well, duh, right? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be a life coach if I didn't believe that.This is really more of a reminder for me than a revelation.

For the last few months of 2012 I was in the "intellectual pursuit of coaching" (as Marni likes to say), meaning I was caught up in (or...stuck in??) the details and business end of coaching. As such, I've felt pretty disconnected from coaching itself.

In the last few weeks I've joined a coaching circle with some colleagues, so I'm both coaching someone and being coached by someone else. Additionally, I've started coaching a few of my friends for the fun (and practice!) of it.

From both sides of the coaching relationship, I'm reminded that having someone call you on your shit and hold you accountable for what you say you want in your life is extremely effective! I'm watching the friends that I'm coaching making great progress toward their goals, which is awesome and very gratifying. And on my own end, I'm seeing forward motion in areas that I've been super stuck on for months! (Hooray!!)

Here's the thing about coaching. You have to be willing to play full out and be a little uncomfortable in order for things to change. If you show up ready to push yourself, look at what's stopping you, and be held accountable, it's amazing what can happen!

Very excited to be back in the swing of things!! :)

(Photo Source)