Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Parents Inspire Me

My parents are currently heli-hiking in the Canadian Rockies.  It's the culmination of a three week hiking trip they're on, just for the heck of it.  My parents are 66 and almost 71, and they're scaling peaks, hiking up treacherous paths, hiking on glaciers...they're freaking awesome!!! 


My dad has been posting pictures from their trip every day, and every day I look at the pictures and I think to myself, "Man, I have got the coolest parents ever!"  How great is it that this is what they do for fun?  And seriously, they look so happy in some of the pictures...it makes my heart smile!


What great role models for me to have.  Already I attribute my travel bug to watching them travel all around the world and have great adventures.  And yeah, maybe I don't *love* hiking, and maybe I don't go out and do it all the time, but just the model of being healthy and super active and adventurous at their young ages is so awesomely inspirational! 

Here's to you, Dan and Sarah!  May you have MANY more years of fun and adventure!!!  Love you!!!


No comments: