Sunday, October 14, 2012

Too Much?

A couple of months before we came to France, I had an opportunity to sign up for a course that would jump-start my coaching business and really help me focus on my target audience. It was definitely something I was interested in, but it was scheduled to start in mid-September, and I wasn't sure whether I wanted to take on something fairly work intensive while we were out of the country. I eventually chose to sign up for the course and figured that I'd make it work. For the first three weeks of the course I was doing okay. Then came London, Italy and my parents' visit, and I found myself falling behind. Mind you, I'm clear that it's because of choices that I made. I chose to spend all my time in London and Italy seeing the sights instead of working on my homework, and I chose to spend some quality time with my parents while they were here, and I chose to sort through pictures from our trips and post them on Facebook.

What else did I choose to do? I chose to sign up for not one, but *two* writing courses that both started this past week. I'm feeling a strong pull toward writing lately, and I want to cultivate that. Both writing courses strongly recommend daily writing, and one of them has assignments. I want to take full advantage of what both of these courses have to offer, and at the same time I need to remember that I made a much larger investment in and commitment to the building-my-coaching-business program.

So I have to ask myself, "Have I taken on too much?" 


The reality here in France is that I'm only spending four days a week doing "work"-type stuff. Friday through Sunday are our explore-the-area-and-have-adventures days. Another reality is that I'm having trouble focusing on the coaching business program because it's "hard" and I have to make some big decisions about which direction I'm going to go in. In other words, my inner three-year-old is screaming "I don't wanna!" and I'm indulging her by spending my time doing pretty much anything else.

So no, I haven't actually taken on too much. It's completely within the realm of reason for me to invest appropriate amounts of time in all three of these programs. I just need to put my big-girl panties on and stop making it so hard for myself. Simple, right? We'll see...

(Photo Source)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am inspired by this 4 days on three days off lifestyle. I am also going to embark on adventure in the next couple of years, and am excited about the way you are staying committed, while you travel!