Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm Excellent!

One of the tests we do at FitnessWave is the VO2 Sub-Max test, which measures your overall cardiovascular fitness level as well as a whole bunch of other stuff. It determines this through your oxygen output, or VO2 (volume of oxygen), which it can measure because you wear a Darth Vader-like face mask while doing the test. The levels for VO2 are Very Low, Low, Fair, Good, Excellent and Superior.

My trainer Cara comes in and tests me every few months since it's not a test I can perform on myself. In June 2007, when I was primarily cycling, I tested in the Fair range. In January of this year, before I started my triathlon training and surprisingly after six weeks of NO exercise, I tested barely into the Good range. After three months of tri training I tested in the middle of the Good range. Now for the exciting part...Two days ago, after completing all my triathlons for the year, I tested into the middle of the EXCELLENT range!!! I'm only three points away from being Superior!!!

Given that I don't exactly have the ideal athlete's body, it is gratifying to see that all the hard work I'm doing is paying off! I'm fit, darn it! A few more months of run training, and who knows where I'll be!

That test made my day! :)

2 comments:

danban said...

few more months and you'll be superior :0)

Tina Marie Parker said...

Yipee!!!