Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursdays are Good!

Last fall, Donovan brought up the idea of working four-tens, which means that he works ten hours a day for four days, and then gets one day off each week.  At the time, we had a lot of weekend trips planned, and the extra day made those trips easier for us.  Still, the idea of his working ten hour days when he had a hard time getting to the office by 10:00am was a bit daunting for me.  I wasn't sure how this would affect the time we would get to spend together in the evenings, but we decided to give it a try.

Here we are several months later, and I have to say that I'm mostly a fan of the four-tens.  There are days when it doesn't work out great and Donovan gets home really late, but for the most part, it's pretty cool.  Donovan's regular day off is Thursday, though sometimes we change it if we have travel planned.  Thursdays are fun days!  It's another day where we can hang out or do stuff, or Donovan can get stuff done (if I let him!).  We've gone on bike rides, gone to Disneyland, gone for long walks, slept in, gone for sushi...
It's really fun to be out and about doing stuff with my husband on a day where he's "supposed" to be working!  Or staying in bed till noon, or just relaxing the day away, or whatever!  Donovan tells me I should feel free to schedule appointments on Thursdays, but I try to keep my Thursdays open since we have so much fun on these days.  There's something almost scandalous about hanging out together on a weekday!  Yay for Thursdays!!!  :)

Photo Source

No comments: