Sunday, October 23, 2011

Men Vs. Women (Part 1?)

(Note:  I could go into much more detail about some concepts, and I'm tired and want to go to bed.  Maybe I'll elaborate more in future posts!)

The course we're in here in Cabo talks about the fundamental differences between men and women, the ways in which we are wired differently.  As a generalization (yes, not everyone falls into these descriptions), women are more driven by emotions than men.  What occurred to me as I was sitting in the course and listening to all the differences between men and women, is that I am very glad to be in a relationship with a man rather than with a woman. 

I'm fortunate to know quite a few amazing women who are in relationships with other women.  They don't all necessarily label themselves "lesbians", so I won't label them that either.  I've had the pleasure of spending some quality time with them here in Cabo, and it's been really great.  They all have really loving, nurturing relationships. 

Speaking for myself, as a woman I go through a huge range of emotions and moods, often daily.  Happy, sad, upset, angry, excited, etc.  I can be moody, bitchy, cranky, etc.  And Donovan very often balances me out, grounds me, and diffuses my moods.  He does it very well, partly because he knows me so well, and partly because he is a man.  Biologically, he is wired differently than I am.  We have different hormones.

I'm sure that women who are in relationships with women find a way to work around all the hormones and the moods and the emotions.  And, I'm happy to be married to Donovan!  :)

No comments: