Thursday, October 27, 2011

What's Your Point?

The other day I had Donovan read my blog post after I had posted it.  His comment was basically this:  It seems like you're just writing about your everyday life.  There's not very much depth to your posts.  Why would a person want to follow your blog?

While it is true that someday when I'm coaching people I'll want to have a professional blog that is very focused and professional, right now the idea is just to get me writing, and see what comes of it.  To have a structure in place that supports my pursuing the idea that I may want to write a book someday.

I'm sure that some days I will wax more philosophical than others.  And some days I may write about the most mundane things imaginable.  In this, my second week of the blogging challenge, I don't think I'm quite ready to answer the question, "What's your point?"

2 comments:

Laurie Wallin said...

I think that's wise. Enjoy discovering what makes you tickk! Some of the most widely-read bloggers in the world just shoot the proverbial sh-t every day and the WAY they say it is their "point" :).

Sigal Tzoore said...

I've been thinking about this also for my blog. Am I writing about children's literature? Is this blog going to be dedicated to writing about my writing? But I think, for now at least, I prefer your answer. I am writing in order to be writing, to encourage the actual writing, without any serious topic in mind. And who says being everyday is not philosophical anyways?