Sunday, April 8, 2012

Cupcakes

I'm not one of those people who just comes up with recipes for stuff out of thin air.  I go hunting for recipes, find ones with lots of reviews, make the changes that sound right to me, and go from there.  I would love to be one of those people who just knows how much of every ingredient to put into a recipe, or make it up as I go along.  Maybe someday that will be me...


I love to bake, and I think I'm pretty good at it.  Mostly I do cookies and cookie bars, with the occasional brownie or cake thrown in.  I really haven't been baking at all lately...in fact I think the last time I baked was in December for the cookie exchange.  The funny thing about me and baking is that I bake in order to give the treats away.  I rarely, if ever, bake something and just keep it and eat it. 

While I was in New Jersey last weekend I watched a lot of Food Network.  Sweets Genius was fun to watch, and then I saw an episode of Cupcake Wars.  Now I've decided that I want to be able to bake cool fun unique cupcakes like those people do!  And they do it on the fly!!

I don't actually remember ever making cupcakes from scratch.  I've probably done the Duncan Hines from-a-box ones with the frosting from-a-can, and if I did it was a LONG time ago!  I am determined to become an expert cupcake maker!  I'm not really sure why this is important to me, but right now it is!  Inspired by one of the contestants on Cupcake Wars, I've decided that my first attempt at cupcakes is going to be a banana chocolate chip cupcake with marshmallow filling and peanut butter frosting.  I'm easing into it.  :)

I found a recipe for banana cupcakes (to which I'm going to add the chocolate chips), I'm going to use marshmallow fluff for the filling, and then I'm going to use the Sprinkles peanut butter frosting recipe for the frosting.  It could turn out great, or it could be a giant disaster!  The main thing is for me to have fun while I'm doing it, remember that it's an experiment, and not be attached to the outcome!  I'm excited to give it a try!  :)

Photo Source

No comments: