Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Weekend in New Jersey

On Thursday I flew to Newark, NJ for my iPEC Energy Leadership module.  I was on my own, since Donovan decided he didn't want to come with just to sit in a hotel all weekend (can't blame him!).  We had originally thought he might fly out at the end of the weekend and we would hang out in New York for a while, but in the end we decided we'd do New York another time.  I arrived to my hotel around 11:00pm and got some food from the hotel restaurant and took it up to my room and watched TV till way later than I should have!


Unfortunately, I woke up on Friday morning with a very unhappy digestive system.  Missing any part of the module was not an option, so I went and suffered and prayed not to throw up.  At our lunch break I took a nap, and felt a little better in the afternoon, thankfully!  I must say, I really wished that Donovan was here to take care of me!

Felt better on Saturday...yay!  It was nice to go outside during our breaks and walk around the parking lot.  It sure was cold, though!  Donovan looked it up for me and said it was in the low 40s...

Got to sleep later than I should have last night, and was definitely dragging this morning for the first few hours of the course.  Just before lunch some adrenaline kicked in, and I woke up.  Finished out the afternoon in a very fun way, and now am watching TV in the hotel room after having my room-service dinner.  I fly home first thing in the morning!

The module was really cool and I learned a TON of stuff.  There's a lot for me to read and go over, but for sure the material that we covered here will be invaluable to me and my coaching clients.  I'm looking forward to really becoming an expert at it soon!!

Photo Source

1 comment:

Donovan said...

Yay for coming home to me, filled with lots of new learning!