Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dinner?



I'm noticing an interesting trend with myself about dinner.  So here we are, and it's 6:00pm.  Donovan is working until 7:30pm, so it's not yet dinner time.  Earlier today I had the intention of cooking us dinner tonight, the same intention I have had on countless many other days.  I didn't go to the grocery store earlier when I had the clear intention of cooking us dinner.  And now it's 6:00pm, it's dark and cold outside, I'm hungry, and my motivation to get off my ass and go to the store is pretty much nil.  This happens a lot.

I want to be a good wife and have dinner waiting on the table for my husband when he gets home from work.  I know that it's healthier for us to eat at home than to eat out.  It's also cheaper.  And right now neither that desire nor that knowledge is helping me get up and go to the store!

Earlier today I even thought, since I've been observing this trend in myself lately, "I should go to the store before it gets dark out.  I should make sure to get everything I need to make dinner while I'm still motivated to do it."  I thought it, but I didn't do it.

So...have Donovan pick up dinner from The Kebab Shop on the way home?  Or bundle my ass up in a jacket, go to the store, and come home and cook us dinner?   Hmmmm....

Photo Source

2 comments:

Sigal Tzoore said...

I have the same problem. It is just so tiring sometimes to cook. But I have two recipe ideas that are fast and constitute a whole meal very easily: 1. chicken in a bag with potatoes, zucchini, carrots, onion, tomatoes, etc. Add paprika, salt, couple teaspoons tomato sauce. shake and bake for 1.5 hours. 2. fish tacos! (my favorite). Buy the tortillas, buy some tilapia. fry the tilapia (basically five minutes each side) with some salt and garlic. Add guac, salsa, sliced cabbage, and it's just so great! I have some other ideas as well I'm happy to share :)

Char said...

Want to really make your husband happy? Make him chicken tettrizini. Not quite as fast as Sigal's sugestions, but when you see his face and enjoyment it will be so worth it. The recipe is in the cookbook I am writing for him -or ask me for it. Love