Saturday, December 3, 2011

Riverdance is Da Bomb!

We just got home from seeing Riverdance at the Civic Theater.  Riverdance is my most favoritest show in the whole wide world!!  This was Donovan's first time seeing it.  I've actually lost count of how many times I've seen it.  I make it a point to see it at every opportunity I have, sometimes seeing it twice in the week that it's here in San Diego.  I seriously never get tired of seeing those dances and hearing that music.  I know the score like the back of my hand...every beat and every note.

The dancers in this show are unbelievable.  How their legs and feet do what they do is totally beyond me.  And the way that they are so synchronized with each other...so very cool!  My two favorite things out of the show are the moments where they dance with the hard shoes and no music, and when they do the big line with everyone in it.  Wow.  Just wow!



On the way home, Donovan was looking some stuff up on his phone, and he found out that they are ending the U.S. Riverdance touring company as of June 2012!  What?!?  Why would they do that?  Yes, they've been touring the U.S. for fifteen years, but come on!  Don't take away my Riverdance!!!  I had no idea that tonight could very well have been my last chance to see Riverdance here in San Diego.  Very sad!!!  Donovan is already scheming about where else in the U.S. we could go to see them before they go away for good.

They're here tomorrow and Sunday too, if any of you in San Diego want to see them.  It is SO worthwhile!!  I swear, if we weren't going to Vegas tomorrow, I'd go see them again!

No comments: