Sunday, December 25, 2011

Family Gatherings

Last night we went to a 70th birthday party for my uncle (sort of).  It's the main reason that we flew up to San Jose a mere week and a half after we were just there.  My aunt (sort of) had invited us and really wanted us to come, so we did.  The party wasn't small and wasn't huge...probably around 40 people, and was at my cousin's house.  They brought in a sushi chef and his crew, and they made super yummy sushi for us on the spot.  There was music, dancing, college basketball, watching tribute movies, a massive Hanukkah candle lighting...generally a fun fun time was had by all!

This year has been quite full of family gatherings.  We first attended Passover at my aunt's (sort of) house in April, then came back up for my cousin's wedding in July.  Then there was my bridal shower up in Saratoga also in July, then our wedding in August, then I was up for Rosh Hashana in September, then my dad's 70th birthday in October, my nephew's Bar Mitzvah in November, my dad's second-round 70th birthday a week and a half ago, and now this party.  Many of the same people, mostly family, were at all of these gatherings. 

I've really been enjoying getting to spend so much time with my extended family.  They are really great people, who are a lot of fun to be around, and we always laugh a *lot* when we're together.  Granted, it's been a lot of flying up to the Bay Area, probably more than we would have otherwise chosen to do.  On the plus side, I'm pretty sure I got A-list status on Southwest for 2012 because of it!

I am a very lucky girl to have so many amazing and loving people in my extended family.  And I am also very lucky that we all live so relatively close to one another!  Holidays and special occasions just wouldn't be the same without the "clan" around.  I plan to keep enjoying all the moments we all get to spend together.  :)

Photo Source

No comments: