Friday, December 16, 2011

An Interview With Donovan, 2nd Edition

Back by popular demand, it's An Interview With Donovan, 2nd Edition!!!



Me:  What shall we talk about today?
Donovan:  Whatever you want, my darling.

Me:  Okay, so how are you liking your newly remodeled house?
Donovan:  I absolutely love it.  It's like a new house.  I can't even remember how it was.  I can't imagine how it was.  I look around, and it's like someone else's house...like, nice house.  (laughing) It partly feels like someone else's house because most of the stuff I didn't choose.  So it's like the house of someone else who has really good taste.

Me:  Do you really feel like you didn't choose most of the stuff?
Donovan:  Yes, but I don't feel that I wasn't involved.  And I don't feel like there's anything I wouldn't choose.  And I don't think there's anything that I don't like.  I do want to replace a lot of light bulbs with something that uses less energy.  But I'm extremely extremely excited about the Wi-Fi enabled thermostat!
Me:  I don't know about the lower energy light bulbs...it depends on how well they light the house.  I would hate to have gone to all the trouble of installing all these overhead lights just to put some weeny-ass light bulbs in them and not feel like I have enough light.
Donovan:  I totally get that, and I know you feel that way.  And technology has come a really long way.  And I know that there are bulbs that we can find that satisfy my energy concerns and your light desires.
Me:  Let's hope so!
Donovan:  Do you not think that's possible?  You sound doubtful.
Me:  I have yet to see a low-energy bulb that lights up bright when you first turn it on, and puts out a good amount of light.
Donovan:  Well, that sounds like your wishlist, or even your requirements, which is good for me to know when I go shopping.

Me:  So what's your favorite part of the house so far?
Donovan:  It's got to be the office.  I love the new carpet and the baseboards and the switches and all the outlets and the can lights.  And we have that all over the house, and we have that in the office, and the office also has our awesome new desks.
Me:  What's so awesome about our desks?
Donovan:  They look great, they have lots of space, and we set them up so that the two of us can be working on stuff and be together.
Me:  Awwwww...
Donovan:  And somehow I got the side where I can see out the window.
Me:  Yeah, that's because I didn't want my back facing the stairs.
Donovan:  Command position.  Smart girl.

Donovan:  I'm really looking forward to showing the house off again on Sunday.
Me:  What's happening on Sunday?
Donovan:  You know.
Me:  Humor me.
Donovan:  (shakes head)  Your cookie party, baby!  Brunch!
Me:  Mine?  Mine?
Donovan:  Are you trying to say that it's ours?
Me:  Yes.
Donovan:  (shakes head again)  It's yours.
Me:  Holiday Cookie Exchange Brunch!!!  :)  Yay!!! (I typed that before I said it)
Donovan:  You're very cute!

And so concludes the 2nd Edition of An Interview With Donovan.  Feel free to suggest topics for future interviews!  :)

Photo Source

1 comment:

Sigal Tzoore said...

Love your interviews! How about interviewing Donovan on the most embarrassing moment of his life? Or the most romantic moment? Or the moment he's most proud of? Or how he feels about the cats throwing up on the couch? I'd also read an interview with Dani :) And you could interview me as a famous yet unknown writer....