Friday, December 9, 2011

Holiday Cards?

A couple of weeks ago, Donovan asked me if we could send out holiday cards this year.  My response (more or less):  "Are you kidding me?!?  I still have a giant stack of thank you cards from our wedding to send out!  Our wedding was three and a half months ago!!!  And now you want to send out holiday cards?!?"  Poor, sweet Donovan.  He so does not deserve my responses and reactions most of the time!



In an ideal world, I would love to send out holiday cards.  In an ideal world, I would love to have finished sending thank you cards for our wedding by now, too!  I created these amazing thank you cards for our wedding (if I do say so myself) and got them printed from Shutterfly a couple of months ago.  They're really great, and they have a message printed inside, and I still feel like I need to include a hand-written message to each of our guests, which takes time.  Lots of other people get married and successfully send out their thank you cards, and here I am three and a half months after the fact, still with over half the cards left to send.  So if you haven't gotten your thank you card from the wedding yet, just know that it's coming!

Could sending out holiday cards be simple?  Probably.  We could do one of those Costco photo cards and not sign them and just send them out...that just means addressing envelopes.  Or we could write one of those our-year-in-a-nutshell letters with a couple photos and not sign them...so once again just addressing envelopes and stuffing them.  It is not at all unreasonable to think that we could do this.  My problem is that I feel like I can't send out holiday cards until I finish sending out the wedding thank you's.  For a while (a few days?) after my last post about the wedding thank you's I was doing five a day with pretty good success.  And then I stopped. Will I ever get them done??

Why do I let myself get so overwhelmed by stuff like this?!?  Maybe I should use my weekly sessions with my peer coach to figure this out...

Photo Source

3 comments:

DW said...

Or, you can create a nice card and mass email it...

Laurie Wallin said...

...Or do your holiday letter and stuff it in the thank you envelopes that remain so you do both at once :)

Sigal Tzoore said...

And so many people send out a mass holiday card via email.... basically you have such a huge range of what you can do. By the way, I remember writing thank you cards after my wedding: I drew each of them by hand, by the way and wrote a personalized message for each guest. I was ready to kill myself by the end. I only did these for my side of the family :)