Monday, December 12, 2011

Four shelves

The latest phase of our remodel includes the master bathroom and upstairs powder room.  The powder room is still quite in process, but the master bathroom is almost finished.  What used to be in the master bathroom was a big ugly structure that had stupid fluorescent tubes in it and a big six-foot by three-foot mirror.

The bathroom before, with big ugly structure and giant mirror 

What we planned to do was knock out the big ugly structure with the fluorescent tubes and instead put vanity lights in.  Michael, Bob the Builder's brilliant assistant, suggested that we take down the big giant mirror and instead put up an oval mirror over each sink, and put glass shelves up in between the two mirrors for my perfumes.  See, my perfumes have been living on the bathroom counter for quite some time now, pretty much obliterating any counter space to the left of my sink.  I had told Michael that I wanted shelves for my perfumes, but I assumed it would be to the left of my sink next to the medicine cabinet, since that was pretty much the only place they could go.  Michael, however, thinks outside the box.  So we found oval mirrors that were just the right size, and then I began my search for the perfect glass shelves.

Remodeled bathroom before the shelves

I was looking for shelves that were 18" wide and at least 5" deep.  Harder to find than you would expect, at least for a reasonable price.  After looking at Home Depot, Lowes, Target, and online, I finally found the perfect shelves at Bed Bath and Beyond.  The best part?  They were $20 each, I used a $5 off coupon on each one, and I had a $68 credit which pretty much made them free!

The end result?  Amazing!  Who would have thought that four little shelves could make such a big difference?  I am a happy, happy girl!!!  :)

Remodeled bathroom after the shelves

2 comments:

DW said...

Beautiful. Great Job!!!

Melinda said...

Pretty! Can't wait to see the rest of the house improvements.