Monday, November 14, 2011

L.A. or Emeryville?

We just got home a little while ago from the first weekend of my iPEC coach training, which I did in Emeryville, CA (just outside of Berkeley).  It was a really amazing weekend, with a great group of people.  There were 28 of us in the course this weekend, and probably about 20 of those will continue through the whole program.  The program is also offered in L.A., which is closer to me.  The first weekend of the training in L.A. was last weekend (11/4-11/6), which I could not attend because of the fifth Wisdom weekend.

When I made the choice to go to Emeryville for the first weekend, I figured that I would just do the second and third weekends there as well, to stay with the same group of people.  However, after traveling there this weekend, I'm having second thoughts.  Emeryville itself is fine.  The training took place at the Four Points Sheraton, which is where Donovan and I stayed.  There are lots of places within walking distance to eat, and the hotel was nice.  The traveling itself is what I'm not sure I want to deal with on my own the next time.  It's 4-4.5 hours of travel time from our front door to the hotel, including driving to the airport, waiting for the plane, flying up to Oakland, waiting for the rental car shuttle, renting a car, and driving to the hotel.  Same thing coming back tonight.  As I was doing all of that, I thought, "I could just get in my car and drive to L.A. and probably only spend about 2-2.5 hours traveling in each direction."  Sure, I'd have to pay for gas, but I wouldn't have to pay for the flight or the rental car (which by the way just sat in the hotel parking lot for three days!).



So now I'm debating where to do my second weekend in February.  After spending three days with the group in Emeryville, I've obviously developed a relationship with them.  I would be going into a totally new group of people in L.A.  Thankfully, the course facilitator is the same guy, Keith, in both cities.  He was really great this weekend.  The convenience factor of L.A. is definitely a draw right now.  Plus, if I'm in L.A., Donovan can drive up and visit me!  :)  I know that no matter where I go I will get amazing training and I will be with a great group of people.  Still...decisions, decisions!

Photo Source

1 comment:

Donovan said...

This makes me wonder ... if Keith weren't the L.A. trainer, how would that affect your decision?