Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tonight, I Was A Man

My friend had her 30th birthday tonight, and it was a drag party.  So, girls came dressed as guys, and guys came dressed as girls.  I borrowed a white dress shirt and a tie from Donovan, put my hair back, put a beanie on, and used eyeliner to paint a mustache and goatee on myself.  I have to say, minus the boobs, I kinda looked like a guy!

 Me, in drag

We ended up going to this lesbian bar with a big group of us dressed mostly as guys, with a few guys dressed as girls.  It was quite an interesting experience!  I would have expected to get a lot more odd looks, but when I walked up to the bar to get a drink, I didn't really see any weird glances!

We had a lot of fun, and I tried to swagger and say "Dude" a lot (not a big change for me, actually, minus the swagger).  After a while, I kind of forgot how I was dressed!  We took a bunch of pictures, and when I looked at some of them afterward, I didn't even really recognize myself.  And in some of them, I kind of reminded myself of my brother!  :p

I love that we do fun stuff like this without even a second thought!  Certainly, we do not have a boring life!  :)

A few of the "dudes"

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Whoah, you do look like your bro. Everyone tells me how much I look like my brother, and makes me think... if I painted on some facial hair... You indeed do live a very interesting and blessed life. What was it like to walk in the shoes of another gender? Did you feel the testosterone come out?

Unknown said...

It's very interesting to walk in the shoes of another gender. I am so happy to be a woman, but to be a guy for a night is really something. A whole different side of me gets to be expressed and I love it. Thanks for joining us, Iris, or rather Ira. It was great to have you and Donovan play with us!