Saturday, February 11, 2012

Brussels Sprouts

Brussels sprouts are a bit of a mystery to me. I don't remember eating them when I was young, and I know people talk about them much like they talk about fruit cake.

Somewhere along the way in the past couple of years I discovered that I actually *like* Brussels sprouts! My mom's chef, Susie, makes them super yummy. I mimicked a recipe she did, sauteing chopped leeks and chopped Brussels sprouts together, and it is GOOD!!

Donovan and I were debating tonight about what a Brussels sprout actually is. My friend Crystal calls them mini cabbages, which I like. Donovan says they're Iris-sized. :)

Whatever they may actually be, I'm happy to have another green vegetable to love. Don't worry, broccoli, you're still number one with me!! ;)

No comments: