Friday, February 24, 2012

I've Launched!

You may have gotten an e-mail from me in the wee hours of the morning this morning, announcing my big news.  No, I'm not pregnant, though it was fun to play with the wording of the e-mail subject!  I've launched the website for my life coaching business!  www.know-your-greatness.com

Sample from the website

Earlier this week on Tuesday when I had my coaching call with my peer coach, Jennifer, I was stuck on finishing the website.  I had a lot of the pages and the content, but I was unsure what to do for the home page, that first impression.  I originally had it as the page about coaching, and was totally stuck on what to write as content.  We talked about some different approaches that I could take, and I made a promise to be done with the website by 5:00pm yesterday (Thursday).  Yesterday afternoon I was in between appointments, and it was pretty clear that I wasn't going to get the website done in time.  I texted Jennifer and re-promised to be done with the website by midnight.

Last night we hosted the get-together with our 2010 Wisdom group from 8-10pm.  So around 10:45pm, I sat down to work on the website and get it done.  I enlisted Donovan's help with the project, because I was still stuck on the home page.  We started toying with the idea of making the coaching page a separate stand-alone page, but then I really had no idea what to put on the home page.  Donovan had a fairly vague idea that the home page should have my voice, whatever that meant.  He wasn't particularly clear about it.  With about 45 minutes to go before my promised deadline, I started throwing some words down on a page, and actually ended up with something pretty decent.  We re-worked it for quite a while, and got it to a place where I was really happy with it.  I spent a little more time refining all the remaining pages, and at around 12:30am I declared the website DONE!!!   YAY!!!!!  :)

Part of what was driving me to get the website done was that I felt that I couldn't really launch myself as a coach without a website.  So once the website was done, I could launch myself!!  (Yes, I like saying that.  :) )  So the next promise I had made was to send out a mass e-mail introducing my coaching business to everyone I know and offering a complimentary coaching session to anyone who is interested.  Also, to plaster my website all over Facebook, again with the offer of a complimentary coaching session.  I sent the e-mail around 1:00am, and then this morning I did the Facebook stuff.  It felt really great to get it all done, and a little nerve racking, too!!

Three weeks ago, when I went to L.A. for Mod II of my coaching program, I wasn't really doing much about creating my coaching business.  It seemed like something I would do a few months down the road, when I finished the certification.  Something in Mod II lit a fire under my ass, because the week that I came back I created the Facebook page for the business and started working on the website.  And here I am, less than three weeks later, launching myself as a life coach to the world!  Amazing how things can change so dramatically in such a short period of time!  Really makes me wonder where I'll be six months or a year from now!!  

No comments: