Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Module 2

I'm heading into the second weekend of my iPEC coach training program this weekend.  I'll be driving up to L.A. tomorrow night, and the course starts Friday morning.  This is going to be a different group of people than at my first weekend, since I did the first weekend up in Emeryville.  I'm a little nervous about being the new girl in an already somewhat established group.  Thankfully the course leader is the same as I had the first weekend, and he was great.

I'm looking forward to what we're going to learn and experience this weekend.  From what I hear there is a lot of coaching that we do, which is good.  Also, we're supposed to spend some time going over the different "majors" that we have to pick from...executive coaching, small business coaching, health and wellness coaching, life coaching, relationship coaching, sales coaching, etc.  I'm interested in getting some more information about those.


I've been slacking on my coursework these past couple of weeks, so I'll really need to step it up when I get back.  I'm pretty sure I have what I need for this weekend, though.  Oh, this is funny...  One thing we have to do for this weekend is our Gremlin project.  To figure out a name for our "little voice" and figure out what variety of "I'm not good enough" plays most often in our heads.  I pegged mine as "I'm not perfect enough" and after doing a survey on Facebook, decided to call mine Mary Poppins.  We have to bring a physical representation of our Gremlin to Module 2 this weekend.  I found a Precious Moments figurine of Mary Poppins online, and decided to get it as my physical representation.  Interestingly enough, the figurine is called "You're Practically Perfect In Every Way"...is that awesome, or what?  So it arrives today, and it's broken.  Not into like a million pieces or anything.  A flower broken off her hat, and the umbrella broken where it should attach to her hat.  I'm not going to send her back, since I need her for this weekend.  And of course, if you think about it, it's perfect that she's not quite perfect.  :)

I do wish that Donovan was going with me again!  He considered coming with and just hanging out in L.A. while I did my course, but his time will be better spent here.  So, I'm on my own for the weekend.  It'll be an adventure!!  :)

Photo Source

2 comments:

Steve923a said...

Very cool, Good luck!
Interesting that in our first city team training/meeting last week Joan explained something a bit similar to your Gremlin project is being added to Wisdom this year. It is called your "Evil Twin" :-)

Steve923a said...

Although from what I know, there are a fair amount of differences between Gremlin and Evil Twin. Gremlin sounds much more customized to each individual, while Evil Twin is generic.

Related to your voice "I'm not perfect enough", I think I have a voice that says "I must communicate every nuance perfectly or else I am lying or deceiving", which is why I felt compelled to add this 2nd comment :-)