Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Halfway Point

It would seem that I'm at the halfway point of my coach training program.  In the first half of the program, I had one set of peer coach, peer client and peer group.  Today I had my 12th and final session with my peer client, and my 12th and final required peer group call.  I'm a little behind with my peer coach since mine sort of went missing for a few weeks.  I've already been assigned a new peer coach and peer client, and I get to do twelve sessions with each of them before completing my certification.  I actually already had my first session with my new peer client this morning!  My peer coach and client come from the group of the last module that I was in.  So my first set of peer coach, client and group were from the San Francisco module that I participated in in November 2011, and this new set of peer coach and client are from the L.A. module that I participated in earlier this month. 


In this second half of the program we will be doing peer special interest groups (P-SIGs) focused on our area of specialization, and these groups will be with people from all over the country, I think.  We won't be assigned to these groups until the end of March.  We had to pick a first and second choice, so I picked Life Coaching as my first choice, and Transition Coaching as my second choice.  I was originally going to pick Health and Wellness Coaching as my second choice, but in my call with my new peer client this morning we got to talking about it and I had second thoughts.  I really saw that all of life can be seen as one transition after another, so coaching around transitions will likely come into play no matter what type of coaching I end up doing.  Even if I get my first choice of being in the Life Coaching P-SIG I may still listen to the calls for the Transition Coaching P-SIG to see what there is for me to get from it.

I'm excited to begin the second half of the training!  I'm plugging along on my coursework and definitely making progress, which is a great feeling!  And I'm excited about the New Jersey module that I'm going to at the end of March.  Yay coaching!!  :)

Photo Source

No comments: