Sunday, February 26, 2012

Reliving Special Moments

Today Donovan and I went to the Catamaran for Sunday brunch to celebrate our six-month wedding anniversary (which was last Tuesday, 2/21).  We got there about an hour before our reservation and went across the street to the Mission Beach boardwalk and walked along the boardwalk for just under an hour.  Then we went back to the Catamaran for brunch.


We sat outside on the patio, which is where we had our morning-after breakfast with family and friends the day after the wedding.  The brunch itself was okay...nothing to write home about in my opinion.  But being back at the place where we got married was so great!  We sat out on the patio for quite a while, eventually ordering a Mai Tai, which is our favorite drink that they make.  And it didn't disappoint!

After brunch we went upstairs to the ballroom where we had our reception and looked around there a bit reminiscing about where everything had been set up for our wedding.  Then we went back down and walked around the grounds.  First to the pier where we had taken some of our fabulous wedding pics, including a few of my favorites.  I was being a total dork and showing the girls who work in the booth on the pier pictures from our wedding.  Come to think of it, I showed them to our waitress, too...  :)


Next we went over to the grass under the palm trees where there had been a wedding earlier in the morning, so the chairs were all set up kind of like ours had been.  There were even petals in the aisle!  I made Donovan stand more or less where he had stood waiting for me, and I walked down the aisle (giggling all the while, of course) towards him.  We re-exchanged rings just for fun, too.  :)

Walking down the aisle today.  :)

After we were done with the rings, we started walking away and this group of people came over to the setup and started setting up their own mock wedding.  I ran over and gave them my wedding ring to use for their fake ceremony.  It was hilarious!  And yes, I got my ring back...  :p  After that we went down to the water where we had taken more fabulous photos with our wedding photographer and walked around a bit.

It was so magical being back at the Catamaran.  We have so many AMAZING memories in that place!  And getting to walk around to all the places we had special moments and relive them was super fun.  And how cool is it that we live twenty minutes away and can come back and do that any time?

We definitely want to go back and stay there for our one year anniversary, and I also want to go back in the summer and do the Friday night luau for more reminiscing!!

2 comments:

Donovan said...

I'd marry you all over again!

Sigal Tzoore said...

I think there's only one solution for this. You guys must get remarried (to each other, of course) every year.