Friday, January 13, 2012

My Husband is the Sweetest...

On Wednesday morning I was down here at my desk and Donovan called from upstairs asking me to come and take a look at something.  Our contractor's assistant, Michael, had just arrived a little while earlier.  I came upstairs and the door to the master bedroom was sort of shut.  Donovan asked me to look inside the room, so I pushed open the door and found this:


Donovan had taken the paint that Michael was going to be using for touch-ups on the wall and painted a big giant heart with our names inside on the floor boards right where our bed goes.  So on Monday when the carpet installer comes, he will install the pad and carpet on top of this heart, and the heart will be under our bed, always.  How freaking sweet is that?  Knowing, of course, what a sensitive and sentimental guy my husband is, I immediately asked Michael if it had been his idea.  Based on the "Hey!!" that came out of Donovan, I probably should have asked a little more quietly...

Every time I see it there on the floor I think about what a sweet and romantic gesture it is.  I'm a very lucky girl!  (And yes, I did ask Donovan's permission to share this with you, lest you be worried about him being embarrassed...) 

My cat Monkey showed her appreciation for the gesture by plopping herself down directly onto the heart and rubbing around for all she was worth.  Thankfully the paint was already drying and she didn't get it all over herself.  :)

No comments: