Monday, January 16, 2012

Our Bedroom is Done!!

Today we had the carpet installed in our master bedroom.  It (and the closets all over the house) were the last vestiges of old or no carpet in the house.  Now the whole house is carpeted in our fabulous new carpet!!!  After vacuuming all the little carpet pieces away, we moved our furniture back into the master bedroom.  We brought in the nightstands, reassembled the bed...it looks just like a real room now!  All did not go totally painlessly...we were carrying in the first nightstand and I was walking backwards up the three stairs to our master bedroom.  While on the second step I apparently thought I was done, so I ended up on my ass with this big stack of books from my nightstand falling onto me, and the weight of the nightstand now resting on my right thigh while both Donovan and I laughed hysterically.  Don't worry, the second nightstand went much more smoothly...  :)

Our bedroom before

Oh what a difference some carpet, paint and overhead lighting makes.  Our bedroom looks amazing!!!  The blinds still need to be installed (Thursday!), but that's a small detail.  And when putting the furniture back, we moved everything as far over to the other side of the room as we could so that we can get me a dresser and put it on the wall by the door.  A dresser!  With loads of extra space for all the things I don't have space for!  I can't wait!!!

Our bedroom after

This morning we took Bob and Michael and went to Home Depot to get a quote on redoing our kitchen.  The kitchen is definitely something that we both really really want to do, and completely redoing a kitchen can be a wee bit pricey.  However, with the rest of the house now remodeled, the kitchen starts to stand out like a sore thumb.  Bob took all the measurements, and Holly at Home Depot made us a rendering of what our new kitchen will look like.  HOLY CRAP!!!  It's going to be SO amazing!!!!  We're going to gain something like seven feet of counter space and a bunch of cabinet space as well.  I am so very excited!  We haven't ordered anything yet, but it's looking very likely that we will do it soon!

What's really amazing about this whole thing is that six months ago I was ready to go buy a new house so that I could escape this one.  Now I truly love this house!  In fact, the other night as we were laying on our mattress in the middle of our living room, I looked around the house in the semi-darkness and realized that I don't not-want-to-live-here anymore.  In fact, the thought of moving out of this house in a couple of years when we've started our family makes me really sad!  All thanks to some paint, carpet, light fixtures and a lot of hard work by Bob and Michael. Yay!!  :)

No comments: